How can economic independence becomes a reality?
Real people talking about trends, analysis, process, challenges, management, and successes of investment-grade real estate in all facets of the market. Single-family, multi-family, industrial, commercial, and office space.
[00:00 – 08:00]
- Interview snippet- about the positive mindset with passive income.
- Shannon’s intro spiel to the podcast and Axel’s story
- How to have your first property in the US as a German officer (or foreign soldier)?
- Running the rat race isn’t enough- Knowing what you want directs your future career.
- What are you doing for your retirement?
- How to start with residential Real Estate? Know where is the best performing areas and avoid investing in properties that don’t pay the best price.
[08:00 – 12:40]
- Avoid all the noise when investing- start with one property first.
- Unfortunately, there isn’t a college degree in Real Estate. Axel self-trained for 20+ years, but you can shorten the process!
- Simple flipping strategies [Mentioned: BRRRR Strategy]
- How mentoring is actually investing in people with the knowledge you’ve gained.
- Don’t invest in properties that you don’t understand (‘too sophisticated’).
- Tips: Rules when eyeing a property
- Say ‘NO’ to instant gratification
[12:41 – 22:40]
- Before everything else, purpose first. We have total control and create rules in your favor afterward. Example: Purpose- investing in the residential arena is to provide good service and a good home to your tenants in the long term. Utilize resources to create the property, and direct terms and conditions.
- How to handle your tenants/customers?
- Understand their mindset.
- Treat them like family.
- When they don’t pay- suggest ways to modify the payment method. (Sample: Rent assistance.) Help your tenants in their time of need- always think long-term. Their success is your success too.
- Quote: “Keep good quality tenants that are willing to stick with you because you were willing to stick with them.”
- Mentioned: Turnkey investing or Out-of-State investing.
- Develop good relationships with your turnkey providers, lenders, tenants, and insurance providers – you might be their go-to investor when they find a great property.
[22:41 – 41:00]
- Investment comparison: Stocks vs. Real Estate
- Mentioned: Collateral, Control overuse of assets
- Still, be involved with your tenants- as a turnkey investor. [Mentioned: I requested my turnkey provider to clean the gutter- ask for photos. For them to be accountable!]
- Finding the right turnkey provider, and staying away from unreliable ones!
- Advantages of turnkey investing [Mentioned: save time…no free-up your time, passive income, the difference of cost and value]
- “Let the professionals handle it!”
- Another way to do property management.
[41:00 – 47:35]
- What it means to experience time-freedom.
- What is the GROWER method?
- Shannon gives his final thoughts and concludes the show.
Learn more at www.shannonrobnett.com